- It is advisable to know this information in the event of a problem occurring with the geyser and for any related insurance claim. With reference to Kwikot geysers the guarantee period can be obtained from the code on the serial plate sticker , which is next to the electrical cover plate of the geyser. For example the code may read 10-H-5, which is interpreted as:
10 – the month of manufacture (October)
V – the year of manufacture (2017). ‘W’ would be 2018, ‘X’ would be 2019 and so forth. The letters O and Q are not used in representing a year of manufacture.
5 – represents the guarantee period (5 years) on the tank only.
- Guarantees are subject to the following conditions:
1. the supply water quality must be equivalent to main Metropolitan supply authorities.
2. the installation must be in compliance to SANS 10254 Installation Specification.
3. only genuine Kwikot replacement parts must be used whilst the geyser is still under guarantee.
4. repairs and in the event of the replacement of the geyser, during the warranty period, may only be carried out by Kwikot or it’s authorised service agents.